“Don’t be afraid,” the Prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.”
Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve witnessed the faith of another Believer and wondered how they stood fast when everything around them seemed to be falling apart or closing in? Wondered what they were talking about when they said “I’ve got my eyes on Jesus. If you can only see what I see.”
Sometimes as Believers we need to have our physical blinders removed and our spiritual eyes opened. In 2 Kings 6:15-18, the prophet Elisha placed his trust and faith in God for his rescue and for his protection. His servant could not see God’s power because he had allowed the circumstances of the situation to determine the depth of his faith.
Many of us are like that servant. We become shaken when unexpected situations arise in our lives. Sometimes it takes a familiar friend, the Holy Spirit, to whisper a word of encouragement to us. Say a prayer and intercede for us to the Father; “Open her/his eyes father that she/he may see!”
See what, you may ask. Well, that you may see …
• The host of angels that God has sent to bear you up in their arms so you do not dash your foot against a stone.
• That you may see that warring angel with His sword drawn following you everywhere you go from any attack from the evil one.
• That you may see how your prayers are connecting heaven and earth, releasing the will of God into that specific situation.
• That you may see God’s power and glory being manifested here on earth.
• That you may see the heavens opened up and His spiritual blessings falling upon you, overtaking you.
• That you may see how God’s right hand has been upholding you in righteousness, protection, goodness and love.
If life has thrown you a curve that seemed to have shaken you, stand firm, call on your Father, and ask Him to “open your eyes” so you can see the salvation of the Lord!
Copyright 2012 – Tereciah V. Smithen-Quintana